Saturday, April 12, 2008

Presenting Our Bodies

Rom 12:1
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

This is the scripture I had on my mind when I woke this morning. As I was spending time with God meditating on this verse I found myself praying for the reality of this scripture in my life!

By the mercies of God! Everything we do is realative to the wonderful mercies of God! "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." The Holy Bible : English standard version. 2001 (La 3:22-23).

Presenting our bodies as a living sacrifice!
1 Cor 6:19
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,
1 Cor 6:20
for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Daily rising and presenting our body and will to God to be used as He sees fit! Allowing the Holy Spirit within to lead and guide, speak and touch through our mortal bodies even as He did through Jesus' mortal body.
Mark 1:35
And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed.

We have been made holy and acceptable to God by the blood of Jesus!
1 Pet 2:5
you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Which is our spiritual worship! The presenting of our will and body to the will and body of Christ (His Church) is our spiritual worship! It says what David said of Jesus, "Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart." (Ps 40:7-8). Luke 22:42 says, "Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done." Sometimes submitting our will and body to God will be easy and our delight and sometimes it will be like a bitter cup to drink but each morning we rise to declare today I offer my body and will to God for Thine is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory forever! Amen.

Grace and Peace,
Ed

No comments: