Saturday, March 1, 2008

Today God is First

Paneled Houses
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 1 by Os Hillman
Friday, February 22 2008

"Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?" - Haggai 1:4

There is a crisis of grand proportions in the spiritual house of God today. The moral fiber of our world has eroded. Greed, idolatry, and pleasure are the gods of our day. And it is no different in the Body of Christ.

The prophet Haggai wrote about a people who had lost concern for the need to build God's house because they were so focused on their own worldly needs. It is a dangerous place to get with God. When our world begins to focus around increasing our pleasure, building bigger and better homes, and failing to make what is important to God important in our own lives, this should be a warning to us.

We need to examine our lives and ask ourselves what is most important to me? What is going to last? What can be said of my life? What sort of impact have I made?

In America we both enjoy and struggle with our prosperity. We sometimes use it to satisfy our own greed and lusts. I believe that God wants us to be blessed and lacking nothing but that is not the focus of my adoration of Him. I serve and love Him because He first loved me and gave His life for me as a ransom and now my life can have great significance if I allow His leading and example to be my guide.

I don't only want to enjoy my understanding of Jesus but I desire to be like Him and to become one with Him in every aspect of my life. It has become my life's quest and may His grace continue to remind and direct me through all things to that end.

You can sign up for Os Hillman's daily e-mail message called TGIF "Today God is First". I have been enjoying these articles for several months now and they have been a blessing to me.
http://www.marketplaceleaders.org/ .

Grace and Peace,
Ed
www.urcwc.com

No comments: