Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Mind


While being closely related the Mind, Soul and Heart are not the same.

The Mind is the Hardware…the Brain…. It stores memory both Ram and Rom….it has the circuits and wiring. The mind is our experience storage cabinet. Webster defines it like this:
1mind \ˈmīnd\ n
[ME, fr. OE gemynd; akin to OHG gimunt memory, L ment-, mens mind, monēre to remind, warn, Gk menos spirit, mnasthai, mimnēskesthai to remember] bef. 12c
recollection, memory 〈keep that in mind〉 〈time out of mind〉

Our Creator has a lot to say about our minds!
Here are just a few informative scriptures that deal with the mind.

Isa 26:3
You keep him in perfect peace * whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.

Prov 19:21
Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord • that will stand.

1 Kings 4:29
And God gave • Solomon wisdom and understanding • • beyond measure, and breadth of mind like the sand • on the seashore,

Ps 7:9
Oh, let the evil of the wicked come to an end, and may you establish the righteous— • you who test the minds and hearts, O righteous God!

Isa 65:17
For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or • come into mind.

Exod 36:2
And Moses called • Bezalel and • Oholiab and • every craftsman * in whose • mind the Lord had put skill, everyone whose • heart stirred him up to come to do • the work.

1 Kings 10:24
And the whole • earth sought • the presence of Solomon to hear • his wisdom, which God had put into his mind.

Neh 6:8
Then I sent to him, saying, “No such • • • things as you say have been done, for you are inventing them out of your own mind.”

Ps 26:2
Prove me, O Lord, and try me; test my heart and my mind.

Prov 28:26
Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.

Exod 14:5
When • the king of Egypt was told that the people had fled, • the mind of Pharaoh and his servants was changed toward the people, and they said, “What is this we have done, that we have let • Israel go from serving us?”

1 Chron 22:19
Now set your mind and • heart to seek • the Lord your God. • Arise and build • the sanctuary of the Lord • God, so that • the ark of the covenant of the Lord and the holy vessels of • God may be brought into a • house built for the name of the Lord.”

Dan 8:25
• By his cunning • he shall make deceit prosper under his hand, and in his own mind he shall become great. Without warning * he shall destroy many. And he shall even rise up against the Prince of princes, and he shall be broken— but by no human hand.

Dan 5:21
• He was driven from among the children of mankind, and his mind was made like that * of a beast, and his dwelling was with the wild donkeys. He was fed grass like an ox, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, until • he knew that the Most High God rules • the kingdom of mankind and sets over it • whom he will

1 Chron 28:9
“And you, Solomon my son, know • the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever.

1 Sam 2:35
And I will raise up for myself a faithful priest, who shall do according to what is in my heart and in my mind. And I will build • him a sure house, and he shall go in and out before my anointed forever. *

Ezek 11:5
And the Spirit of the Lord fell upon me, and he said to me, “Say, Thus says the Lord: So you think, O house of Israel. • For I know • the things that come into * your mind.

Mark 8:33
But turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter and said, “Get behind me, Satan! For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”

Rom 8:5
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

1 Pet 1:13
Therefore, • preparing * your minds for action, * and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Heb 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their • God, and they shall be my • people.

Matt 22:37
And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

Heb 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their • God, and they shall be my • people.

Heb 10:16
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,”

Eph 2:3
among whom • we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

James 1:8
he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

James 4:8
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

2 Cor 4:4
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Phil 4:7
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Luke 24:45
Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

Rom 11:34
For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?

2 Tim 3:8
• Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding the faith.

1 Cor 14:15 (2)
• What am I to do? * I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also.

Rom 7:23
but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.

Rom 12:2
• Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

2 Thess 2:2
not • to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or • a spoken word, or • a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

Phil 3:19
Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things.

Phil 2:5
Have this mind among yourselves, which • is yours in Christ Jesus,

Col 3:2
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Grace and Peace,
Ed

No comments: