Friday, February 22, 2008

Groaning



Rom 8:22
For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.
Rom 8:23
And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
Rom 8:26
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
2 Cor 5:2
For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling,

What a title! Not too enticing! But you see, there is a good groaning! A groaning unto God much like the groaning of any people that have ever been enslaved. The whole creation is under the curse of sin and it's inhibition of God's divine purpose in the moment. I'm wanting more. I want God's fullness and manifestation in my life so bad! At 52 and after walking with God for 30 of those years, I realize more than ever my need to manifest His Presence in my life. I know I have Him and He has me but I am feeling what Paul wrote in the above scriptures. When a woman is in childbirth she groans until she brings forth the full manifestation of what was already inside her.

Grace and Peace,
Ed
http://www.urcwc.org
http://www.urcs.blogspot.com

No comments: